My healthy Christmas shopping list
I hope you are well in the North Pole, I have been a really good boy this year and I already have loads of stuff, so I wondered if you wouldn’t mind seeing your way to giving this sort of stuff to my clients, friends and readers for Christmas,
- Organic 100% Cocoa Nibs-these are mega healthy! They are packed full of fiber, omega 3 and tons of anti oxidants. They have been shown to help make people happier and improve health at the same time! they do taste kind of bitter by themselves, but go great in smoothies, yoghurts or in porridge!
- Green tea- bring on the stuff that helps lower stress levels, delivers anti oxidants shown to help reduce cancer risk and taste bloody nice too!. I add a slice of lemon to each cup and sometimes I chill it and pour a cup into my Evian. Green tea is also a popular constituent in fat loss tablets as it is shown to help with weight loss.
- Coconut Oil-this stuff rocks! Unlike Olive oil which spoils at high temperature coconut oil can keep itself stable making it ideal for use during stir fry’s. It’s also pretty healthy, its anti microbial, it contains Medium Chain Fatty acids (MC'Ts) which by pass the liver and go straight to work in tissues therefore not being stored.
- Ginger wine- bit of a treat this one! But ginger is seriously healthy stuff,it lowers inflammation, helps with stomach pain and can lower morning sickness in pregnancy! I use loads of it in my cooking and often just add it to hot water with lemon during winter to help prevent me from getting a cold. This wine is delicious and I like to have a few glasses on just a few nights over the festive period .
- Medicine ball- In so many houses around the country sit old useless pieces of exercise euqipment that people no longer use. Good job, because they are mostly crap anyway. The medicine ball however is a different story, they are very versatile, you can use workouts with them if you are a begginer or advanced and they can challenge you with just a few minutes each day!
- Blood pressure monitor- Nothing say I love you more! seriosly, if you dont know about the risk of High blood pressure then you should check them out. This is serious stuff, just knowing is enough to prompt most people into taking some kind of action which if successfull can add years onto their life.
- Jonny Bowdens 150 healthiest food on eath. This remains one of my all time classics, its well researched and provides a quite shocking revelation of which foods are healthy and what they can help us with. Its an ideal starter book for the wannabe nutritionist or just someone who wants to be better informed about what they eat.
- Tree house holiday- ok, not a cheap one! but if you want a holiday that doesnt involve drinking till you fall over and hours of doing nothing by a pool. Then try something thats genuinly rejuvenating. My wife and the kids all went to Centre parks this year and had a great time, it was nice to spend all day cycling, or swimming or just enjoying nature. One of the best bits for me was waking up to red squirrels on my window ledge!
- Reclaiming Slim- the long awaited book from me hits Amazon very soon and will revoloutionize the way you think about food and wieght loss for the rest of your life!
- Vibram 5 fingers- in case you didn't know, the foot has more neruological sensors than any other part of the body, unfortunately we switch them off with our choice of footwear which is why this country has far more orthopedic issues when compared to 3rd world countries where people roam bare foot. These shoes can help the body to correct itself by waking up the sensors on the bottom of the foot. They do look a bit dorky though!